Mission Possible Week 2 Korca, Vlochisgt, & Shegeras

Mission Possible Week 2



Ministry in Korca, Vlochisht & Shegeras



No rest for the weary.  Not having a day off since our arrival almost two weeks ago, God has been our strength in our busy schedule with kids programs, VBS preparation, family programs, Kenedi Senior Center, outreach festival, women's Bible study and youth group “but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:31‬ ‭

In a culture that is a divided between rich traditional Orthodox and Muslim religion, there is much openness towards the good news of the Gospel and the Albanians are such beautiful and loving people.

Devine Appointment
Paul was behind the team on the way to the kids program, when suddenly a motorcyclist had a collision with a car.  An Albanian bystander turned to Paul and seeing that Paul looked foreign, said in English, "I think he is okay." The motorcycle was completely under the car, but the cyclist had jumped off.  Paul said, "That's good!"  Then the Albanian proceeded to ask Paul where he was from, why he was here in Albania and then went on his way.  Paul continued to walk to the program, but then five minutes later this man walked back up to Paul and said, "I was walking along and I found this cross in the street.  I think it must be a sign.  What does it mean?"  That was Paul's open door to share the gospel with him.  Although he did not receive the Lord, he heard the truth and we know that the God orchestrated the events in order for this conversation to come into being - CA 



First Missionaries
Greetings from Albania! This trip has been a life changing experience even though we’ve only been here for about 12 days! God has worked in amazing ways through us and through the Albanian people, I am so grateful for the blessings which He has given us. I sincerely appreciated when Caralee Loring (our host missionary) told us the story of when she first came to Albania. 

Her story begins in 1990, toward the end of the communist era in Albania. At this time, Caralee was on mission in Greece. She, as well as those whom she was with, knew that when Albania opened up to foreigners, it would be in desperate need of the gospel. The next year, 1991, communism fell in Albania and Caralee came over on a trip with the Greek Communist Party. When Albania opened, there were only 5 Christians in the region who survived the communist era. Caralee, in cooperation with some of the other missionaries that joined the trip, held an open air sketchboard message here in Korça, Albania and the crowd was so big that people were climbing up into trees to see the message. The police started appearing because of the size of the crowd, but they never interrupted the message. Soon after this, the mission groups in Korça organized a meeting at a stadium nearby and thousands of people attended. God generously blessed the original ministry here in Korça in ways that are unimaginable.

The movement that began back in 1991 has contributed to 15 church plants so far and is continuing to grow. We have been blessed to see this growth first hand in the different regions which we have visited. Seeing the ways in which God has worked here has inspired me to offer myself as a tool to Him. I pray that He will continue His wonderful works and continue to bless the country of Albania through my team and me. - Christian



My New Best Friend
Throughout this trip we have been to quite a few kid’s clubs, but I didn’t really bond with any of the kids like the other team members and I lost hope that I would. So one day we went to hand out VBS invitations with a few people of the church we’re working with. One of the Albanian members was a girl, about 11 or 12, named Anoneta and we instantly clicked. We got into conversations, we made each other laugh, and we were having a great time together while hanging up VBS posters. Something that really stood out to me about Anoneta was how selfless she was and how she was looking out for me instead of herself. Whenever there was a car coming she would get me on the side walk as quickly as possible. She always made sure I was involved with what we were doing. One time I got white stuff on my hand, as I was wiping it off on my skirt, she took my hand and wiped off the white stuff on the jacket she was wearing. I felt bad that she was doing all this stuff for me and I wanted to do something for her, so I decided to buy her ice cream. When I told her, her face immediately lit up. After a few days she found me at a festival we were having and we went on a walk, talked, and laughed. Then at the end of the day she bought me ice cream. She is such an amazing girl and I will never forget her. -Meredith. 













God's Plan
Last week I volunteered to do a gospel trick for a kids club at The Street Kids Center. I have no idea why I volunteered because I don't feel very comfortable speaking in front of people. I guess that was just apart of God's plan. Once we got to the center I knew it was getting closer to the time I had to do the  trick, so I decided to go outside and practice over and over so I wouldn't be as nervous. Even after that I was super nervous, and then the program and I knew my time was close to up. So I
decided to pray. I asked God to give me the right words to say and give me confidence so I would be able to do the trick to the best of my abilities. Finally it was my turn, well not finally because I didn't want to do it....ANYWAYS I did the trick and it was by far the best I have ever done. I even impressed my dad, which by the way is saying something, afterwards 
I realized how much God helped me do the trick. 
- Cameron






Outreach Festival


















Youth Group


Kids Programs







Fun Albanian kids game!


VBS Preparation















Kids Program Korca



Villa Kenedi Senior Center
We sang, performed a gospel drama, demonstrated gospel tricks and even did senior aerobics.  A fun time was had by young and old.

Gospel Illusion Trick

Senior Aerobics
Physically Fit!

More Gospel Illusions
Drama/Mime "Set Free"





 Traditional Albanian Song
Traditional Albainan Dancing
with Jonathan!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the Team!

Mission Possible Week 1 Korca